A two-day long residential training was conducted on 9th and 10th of April for the Education Change Vectors. They were representatives from the Women’s Self Help Groups who had taken responsibility to work on the issue of education on behalf of the women. This was their second round of training and it gave them a platform to share their experiences and challenges from the field, their hopes and aspirations, besides how they can build upon the work already done by them.
Following points emerged from this process:
- Support of male community members is a must for the development of schools.
- Teacher vacancy in schools has to end for schools to impart quality education.
- Education has to become a serious point of discussion in monthly VO meetings.
- ECVs felt that they need regular trainings for upgrading their skills and knowing recent developments in the field of education.
- They said that SMCs are still not active in most of the schools as the community members are still not fully aware about their significance.
After this, Prajayatna facilitator discussed with them the importance of School Development Plan and how an ideal SDP has to be made. The idea was to take the ECVs to the next level and equip them to ensure that proper SDPs are being made in the schools.Plans for the next quarter was also made which included enhancing their engagement with the school and ensuring 100% enrolment in the new academic year. They also planned to activate the School Management Committee and get them to meet regularly.
These trainings were followed up with review meetings at the cluster level with the ECV in May and June in Raidih, Birkera and Tudurma clusters of Raidih. The review was based on the work done by them in their schools after their training and tracking was done to check their activeness and their grasp of the current module. 70 ECV didis from 46 Village Organisations of the women, participated in the meeting.